Open May 15 to October 15
Wed-Sat: 10am to 4pm, Sun: 12pm to 5pm
The Historic Indian Agency House educates the public about the cultural and historical context surrounding John H. Kinzie's 1830s commission as United States Indian Agent to the Ho-Chunk (Winnebago) Nation. Built in 1832, the house was opened as a museum in 1932 by the National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of Wisconsin, whose mission is to actively promote our national heritage through historic preservation, patriotic service, and educational projects. This historic site is deemed Nationally Significant on the National Register of Historic Places.